Dr. Everett Lin was born and raised in Vancouver and graduated at the top of his class from St. George’s. Interested in how things work and always tinkering from a young age, Dr. Lin went on to the Ivy League to study science at Columbia University in New York City. While there, he contributed to pioneering research projects in astrophysics, searching high and low for dark matter, which, contrary to reports, he didn’t find in his dorm room. He graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in applied physics. Having satisfied his scientific curiosities, Dr. Lin was ready to pursue his ultimate goal of becoming a healthcare provider.
Dr. Lin was selected to attend another Ivy League institution, the prestigious University of Pennsylvania, on a Dean’s scholarship. He packed his bags and moved to West Philadelphia to study dentistry. At UPenn, when he wasn’t studying or serving as a teaching assistant, he was deeply involved in the community. He volunteered his dental expertise locally at the Children’s Hospital’s refugee clinic, as well as internationally in places as far flung as rural Guatemala. Dr. Lin graduated first in his class, receiving several awards. Following dental school, Dr. Lin completed three additional years of post-graduate studies in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics at Rutgers University.
Dr. Lin is passionate about designing smiles. He’s been trained in the most cutting-edge, efficient and effective orthodontic techniques available. He’s driven in his work by his love of helping patients experience not only the functional benefits of having a proper bite, but also the social and emotional benefits that come from treatment. He centres his practice philosophy on creating beautiful, healthy and, most importantly, lasting smiles for children, teens and adults.
When Dr. Lin isn’t straightening teeth and aligning bites, he spends much of his free time with his partner. You can usually find him snoozing in the aisle seat 35,000 feet in the air on his way to New York to meet her. They’re big fans of exotic cuisine, travelling, Broadway musicals, hiking, skiing and scuba diving together.
Achievements & Awards
- Master’s in Dental Science from Rutgers University
- Recipient of Dean’s Scholarship and the Hoyt Teaching Award at the University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania Honors in Community Service
- Member of Eta Sigma Sigma Matthew Cryer Honor Society (UPenn)
- Dean’s List and summa cum laude (Columbia University)
- National AP Scholar
- Certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada as a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Board Eligible for the American Board of Orthodontics
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity β-Chapter
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada