Both the Canadian and American Association of Orthodontists recommend that children be seen by an Orthodontist no later than age seven.Parents frequently ask when they should bring their child in for an examination. Aura Orthodontics, the philosophy is that prevention is critical for orthodontic issues. In fact, this concept originates with that of the Canadian and American Associations of Orthodontists, who now recommend that all children have an early orthodontic evaluation with an orthodontist by the age of seven.
Early orthodontic evaluations provide a variety of benefits:
- Early treatment may prevent or intercept more serious problems from developing in the future
- Taking care of orthodontic problems early on can save a child from lots of pain and suffering
- Dr. Sharma, who is an orthodontic specialist is able to detect problems with jaw growth and incoming adult teeth, even while infant teeth are intact
- In some early treatment cases, the orthodontist may be able to achieve results that would not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
- With an early evaluation and treatment, the orthodontist may be able to guide jaw growth, lower the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth, correct harmful oral habits, improve appearance, guide permanent teeth into a better position, and create an overall more pleasing arrangement of the teeth
For Dr. Sharma helping to instill confidence is the best part of being an Orthodontist and early treatment provides the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile, which can be invaluable for a child’s self-esteem.
For more information regarding early orthodontic evaluations or to set up an appointment with Dr. Vishal Sharma, contact Aura Orthodontics.>