We hope you are keeping well during this time of physical distancing. We have compiled some tips to help you all with your treatment progress. At Aura Ortho, your treatment timing and results are of utmost importance to us. However, with limited resources and abilities, we may not be able to see you. We understand that this may result in an extended treatment time for many of you. We assure you that we will work our hardest to make sure that you get the best results possible.
Elastic wear – please do your best to make your elastics last until the end of June
- For those wearing full time, continue to do so if they can last until the end of June
- For those wearing night time, continue to do so if they can last until the end of June
- Begin alternating nights, if you are running low
- Note: we will not be able to mail elastics to you
- If you have any specific questions, please contact your respective office
- For those who have enough trays to last until the end of June, continue wearing as-is
- For those running low on trays, please start wearing 2 weeks/each to last until the end of June
- For those who don’t have any more trays please wear 12 hours at night to ensure teeth do not shift, until your next appointment
- Use as directed
- If you run out, more can be bought at amazon.ca. Search ‘Ortho Wax’
- Watch Aura Ortho YouTube video for tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzTXBpLcWnU
- Use a pencil rubber eraser to contour the wire to the tooth
- Use a nail-clipper to clip any long wires. Use caution not to cause more damage.
- Continue turning as advised until the date that was supposed to be your next appointment, THEN STOP turning
- Continue wearing Full Time until we see you next
- Wear elastics at Night Time only
For Any Patients Seeking More Information
- We will be able to help you most, if you are able to submit photos with your questions. Perform a check-in with us online in the event of an emergency or if you want to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned here: Complete my online check-in.
- Or, alternatively email the offices as such:
Thank you for your continued patience during this time and keep safe!
Your Friends at Aura Orthodontics