Now that our Surrey, Abbotsford and Langley orthodontic offices have officially reopened, we know existing and potential patients may have some questions for us. As we all adjust to this new normal, we thought we’d give you a little more clarity as to what your orthodontic treatment and options will look like in the coming months.
Is Orthodontic Treatment Safe During the Coronavirus?
Yes, we’re taking every precaution possible at Aura Orthodontics to ensure our patients and team members are safe! You can see the full list of the COVID-19 updates we’ve made here. However, to briefly recap, in addition to sticking with the highest levels of sterilization protocols like always we do, we’re also doing the following:
- We’re operating our offices at less than 50% capacity.
- A team member is guiding patient traffic and we’re practicing physical distancing.
- Common areas are closed for now.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their cars when they arrive for their appointments until a team member asks them to come to the door.
- Our team is wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Every person who enters our office will have their temperature and pulse oximeter reading taken. We’re also doing pre-screenings according to BCDA, CDSBC and WCB guidelines.
- We have hand sanitizer available for patients upon arrival and departure.
- We’ve installed plexiglass barriers around the reception area and plexiglass dental barrier boxes to keep patients and team members safe during procedures.
- We’re regularly disinfecting and sterilizing all common surfaces.
- We’ve purchased medical-grade HEPA air purifiers.
- We’re using a state-of-the-art disinfectant fogger machine to sterilize the office continuously.
- Visits are by appointment only.
- We’ll be giving parents updates on their child’s treatment progress via a video call at their child’s appointment.
What if I’m Not Ready to Come in for an In-Person Appointment?
We respect every patient’s wishes and we understand if you’re hesitant about going out at this time. We’ll be continuing with our online check-in feature for existing patients. If you want to make sure your treatment progress is on track or you’re having an issue, you can upload photos of your smile and we’ll connect with you virtually. We can walk you through any problems, let you know if you should change your protocols for things like wearing rubber bands or simply monitor your progress. We’ll be here for you whenever you feel ready to come in for a visit.
What Should I do if I Have an Orthodontic Emergency?
Even though things look a little different, we’re still here for you! A true orthodontic emergency is rare but if your appliance breaks, you lose an aligner or you’re having discomfort, you can do an online check-in and we’ll reach out to help. You can also give us a call and, if necessary, we’ll schedule you for a repair appointment.
I’m a New Patient. What are My Options?
While we are open for in-person consultations, a virtual consultation will allow you to start the process sooner. Every new smile journey kicks off with a consultation and with a virtual visit, you can complete a number of important steps from the comfort of your own home. You’ll fill out some information and upload photos of your smile. Dr. Sharma, Dr. Lin or Dr. Koo will evaluate your details and then send you personalized treatment recommendations. We can fill you in on how long treatment will likely last, what the cost of braces or Invisalign will be and our financing options. Then, we’ll schedule you for an in-person appointment to get started on the actual treatment.
How Will You Handle Patients With Financial Difficulties From the Coronavirus Shutdown?
Hey, we completely understand the situation. We’re flexible and willing to work with you with COVID recovery pricing while things get back to normal. Just let us know your situation and we’ll figure out a plan and a way forward!
Honestly, we’re thrilled to be back at the office treating patients again and we look forward to seeing all of your smiles in person soon! We know it’s been a tough few months and if you have any questions or concerns at all, please, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’ll be more than happy to help.