The holidays are approaching and our Surrey and Langley orthodontic patients are going to be busy. Our area really comes to life during the holiday season with fun events for all ages. The team here at Aura Orthodontics is certainly looking forward to taking advantage of all of the festivities with our families. So, what’s on the agenda? Here are some of the best holiday activities for kids in Surrey, and Langley:
- Glow Christmas Langley – Milner Village Garden Centre, 6690 216th Street – Glow Christmas Langley will return from November 22 through January 19 at the Milner Village Garden Centre. Glow is the largest indoor Christmas celebration in Greater Vancouver. You’ll find playgrounds with interactive elements for the kiddos, seasonal beverages for adults, live music, illuminated sculptures, an amazing Christmas Market, food and holiday lights. Santa will also make appearances to hear the little ones’ Christmas wishes. Purchase tickets to the event here.
- Surrey Tree Lighting Festival and Holiday Market – Surrey’s Civic Plaza, 13450-104 Avenue, Surrey – Christmas in Surrey, BC will officially get underway with the annual Surrey Tree Lighting Festival and Holiday Market on Saturday, November 24 from 12n to 7 pm. There will be live performances with Warren Dean Flandez headlining the Main Stage, the popular holiday market featuring unique, local gifts and the holiday fun zone. The festivities will culminate with the lighting of the 60-foot Christmas tree at 6:30 pm.
- The Valley Collective Christmas Market – The Rail District Community Market, 2518 West Railway Street, Abbotsford – This Christmas market will showcase the best of the Fraser Valley. Peruse handmade, local products, enjoy live entertainment, warm up by outdoor fire pits and eat delicious food from area food trucks. Modeled after European-style Christmas markets, the whole family will have a blast, get into the spirit and find the perfect holiday gifts. The market will be held on Friday, November 30 from 6 to 9pm and Saturday, December 1 from 1 to 9pm.
- Christmas in Williams Park – Williams Park, 68 Avenue and 238 Street, Langley – If you’re on the hunt for Langley Christmas lights look no further than the annual Christmas in Williams Park. This year’s celebrations will be held from November 30 through December 22 from 5:30 to 9pm. The beloved tradition allows families to drive through the park and view the Langley Christmas lights extravaganza at their own pace (and while keeping warm!).
- Winter Jubilee and Tree Lighting – Downtown Abbotsford, Essendene & Montrose Avenues – On Saturday, December 1 from 5 to 9pm, head to downtown Abbotsford for the Winter Jubilee and Tree Lighting. This Abbotsford, BC holiday event for kids and families will feature the tree lighting, live entertainment, food trucks, carolers, a parade to welcome Santa and Mrs. Claus, children’s activities, a holiday market and even festive fireworks.
- Magic of Christmas Parade – Downtown Langley, Fraser Highway between 56th Ave and 206th Street – The Magic of Christmas Parade is one of the best holiday activities for kids in Langley. The annual event is scheduled for Saturday, December 1 from 4 to 8pm. Over 50 entries, including festive floats, community and equestrian groups, bands, dance troupes and decorated vehicles, will make their way down Fraser Highway between 56th Avenue and 206th Before the parade kicks off, there will be Breakfast with Santa and entertainment and crafts for families. After the parade, be sure to stay for the tree lighting and caroling.
- Wish Upon a Star Surrey Christmas Lights Display – 19367 62A Ave, Surrey – The Wish Upon a Star annual Surrey Christmas Lights display will include over 40,000 twinkling lights, animated characters, interactive musical snowmen, Santa flying overhead on his sleigh and much more. This holiday activity for kids in Surrey, BC will also have hot chocolate available for donation. All donations will go to the BC Children’s Hospital. Reveal Night will be held on Saturday, December 1 from 7 to 10pm and will also include a visit from Santa from 7 to 9pm. Don’t despair if you can’t make it because the display will be open nightly throughout the holidays from 5pm to midnight.
- Surrey Santa Parade of Lights – Downtown Cloverdale, Starts at Corner of 176 A Street and 60th Avenue – The 13th annual Surrey Santa Parade of Lights is one of the most anticipated holiday activities for kids in Surrey, BC. This year’s celebration will be held on Sunday, December 2 at 5pm in the historic town centre of Cloverdale. Watch marching bands, horses, decorated antique vehicles, floats, boats and trucks as they spread holiday cheer. The Big Rigs for Kids, which features amazing lighted big rigs, will lead the parade and then break away to convene at the City Hall Plaza (13450-104 Avenue) to put on a display of lights until 8pm. The North Surrey Lions Club will be on-hand at City Hall Plaza selling snacks and hot dogs and playing Christmas tunes. Bring a donation of toys, non-perishable food item or cash for the Surrey Food Bank and Surrey Christmas Bureau.
- Surrey Christmas Bureau or the Langley Christmas Bureau– Both the Langley Christmas Bureau and Surrey Christmas Bureau aren’t technically Langley and Surrey, BC holiday events, however, you can make it a great learning experience and activity for kids. Put together your own fundraiser and donate funds or toys. Contributions are used to buy and hand out toys, winter clothing, sports equipment and grocery cards to low-income families. Or, apply to either the Surrey Christmas Bureau Adopt-a-Family or the Langley Sponsor a Family program and put together a hamper filled with toys for each child and meals for Christmas Day that will go to a family in need.
- A Fort Langley Christmas – Fort Langley National Historic Site, 23433 Mavis Street, Langley – Go back in history during a Fort Langley Christmas on December 21-23 and 27-30 from 10am to 5pm. This Langley holiday event for families is always a favorite. Listen to stories by the fire, take a guided tour, snack on roasted chestnuts, snap family photos at the different scenic spots and marvel at the holiday décor.
- Winter Ice Palace – Cloverdale Ice Arena, 6090 176 Street, Surrey – Starting December 21, the Cloverdale Arena will be transformed into a dazzling winter wonderland. Bring your family and friends and skate under the holiday lights. The arena will even be open on Christmas, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day! See the schedule here.
If you want to add getting your dream smile to the holiday fun, book a free consultation at Aura Orthodontics in Langley, Guildford or Surrey!